Daedric refers to a fantasy architectural style that comes from the Elder Scrolls video games.
Buildings made in this style were especially numerous in the realm of Oblivion. In the story of the game, Daedra are strong beings, usually on the side of evil. Daedric architecture has a particular dark aesthetic. There is something dark and threatening in it, exciting the imagination and awakening hidden fears
Key features of Daedric architecture include:
- The predominance of organic and distorted forms. Buildings in the style of Daedric architecture defy conventional geometry. Many objects have irregular asymmetrical shapes, curved edges. One gets the feeling that many buildings were not built, but as if grown under the influence of dark forces.
- The ominous atmosphere created by the Daedric-style structures is frightening and mesmerizing at the same time. For buildings, materials of dark shades, sometimes black, are used. Objects tend to be very dimly lit. There is an abundance of frightening visual components. The picture is complemented by an appropriate soundtrack that enhances the creepy atmosphere.
- The exterior of buildings in the Daedric style often contains dangerous elements that carry a hidden threat. It can be various blades, spikes, spikes. They are equipped with roofs and walls of houses.
- The atmosphere of mystery and mysticism inherent in Daedric architecture is created by the presence of mysterious symbols applied to the surface of objects. These are Daedric runes that carry a hidden message.
- In the architecture of the Daedra, fire and lava occupy a special place. Most often they serve as design elements. For example, liquid lava flows through chutes, fills pools, creating a dangerous atmosphere. The flame casts ominous reflections on the surface, creates bizarre shadows. This creates a general hellish atmosphere.
- Gates and portals in Daedric sites are very imposing, richly decorated. They are decorated with demonic images carved from stone, terrible figures that inspire horror.
- The components of Daedric architecture are ancient relics and powerful artifacts. They are located in the most conspicuous places and immediately attract attention. It can be weapons, armor, magical items that have a sacred meaning. All of them are somehow connected with the Daedric Princes, each of which is a unique personality.